Wednesday, December 30, 2020

The Miracle of the Baby Formula

 When my youngest child needed formula at the age of two months, I picked the cheapest of the well-known brand names, because we really couldn't afford formula but didn't have a lot of choice in the matter. Our nearest grocery had quite a variety, and all the name brand ones were largely the same price except for the one which went home with me. I was pleased and felt triumphant at having found a good deal. 

Em was happy with it, and grew and thrived, so all was well. The price stayed the same and we worked it into the budget, but I was still looking forward to the day when we didn't need to buy it any more. 

When that day came, I ceased to put it on the grocery list, but I still had to venture into the Baby aisle at the store for something else the next week. Probably diapers--as my dad was fond of pointing out, with babies you just keep one end full and the other one dry. When I got there, there was a stocking clerk and a manager there looking at the formula selection with some consternation. I overheard the manager asking how long that formula had been at that low price, because it should have been just the same price as all the others. How long had they been losing their profit on it? 

I knew the answer to that, and I suddenly knew why as well. Once again, I had clear proof that God was looking out for his children. So I just smiled, and quietly picked out my diapers and went on my way rejoicing.

Love, Spud


No comments: